Get the best price for Sony Professional HVR-S270U 1080i HDV Camcorder
- ClearVID 3CMOS Technology: Sony’s ClearVID sensors are positioned at a 45° angle.
- Record to Compact Flash: The camera comes with an attachable recording unit, allowing users to record HDV and DV to CompactFlash cards
- High Definition on MiniDV Tapes with HDV: The HDV format, used in the HVR-S270U allows high definition recording on standard MiniDV tapes
- 24p Capability: In 24p mode, images from the CMOS can be 2:3 pulldown-converted and recorded onto tape in the standard 60i HDV format
- HDMI Output: Many consumer products are adopting High Definition Media Interface
Sony HVR-S270U 1080i HDV Camcorder Sony’s commitment to the HDV world brings a remarkable evolution in next-generation products. The HVR-S270U shoulder-mount camcorder delivers the enhanced functionality professionals have been waiting for: an interchangeable lens system, native progressive recording, and solid-state memory recording and supports standard-size cassettes for extended recording times. A streamlined nonlinear editing workflow can be achieved using the supplied Memory Recording Unit (HVR-MRC1), which provides HDV/DVCAM/DV file recording on a widely available CompactFlash solid-state memory card. This groundbreaking camcorder features 1080/24p/30p HDV native progressive recording modes and also has HDMI or HD/SD-SDI output. Standard-size Cassette CompatibilityA standard-size cassette tape provides approximately 4.5 hours of HDV/DV recording or approximately 3 hours of DVCAM recording. Of course, recording on a miniDV tape is still an option. HD/SD-SDI & Other Output ConnectorsAn HD/SD-SDI output connector provides embedded audio and TC data and can, for example, be linked up to an XDCAM HD deck. BNC connectors provide secure cabling connections. Four-channel Audio InputFour-channel audio recording is realized in HDV and DVCAM thanks to four XLR audio input connectors – two at the front, and two at the back. Dual Finder New LCD Position on EVF UnitThe new LCD position on the EVF (Electric View Finder) unit is currently only available on Sony’s professional HDVshoulder-mount camcorders. The HVR-S270U camcorder features a new configuration of a 3.2-inch (viewable area, measured diagnally) type XtraFine LCD monitor (approximately 921,000 dots) and an XtraFine EVF (approximately 1,227,000 dots, 852×3[RGB]x480). The LCD is located on the EVF unit. Thisunique layout enables the camera operator to perform both traditional EVF monitoring and LCD monitoring,while the camcorder is held on the shoulder. The 180-degree tilt mechanism allows…